Stage Folder[edit | edit source]
The Stage folder contains all levels from a NSMBW game. Reggie Level Editor needs this folder to work properly. See Obtain Original Game Files for more information on how to get this folder.
Different games have their own Stage folders.
Inside the Stage folder is always another folder called Texture Folder, which holds all the tilesets used in the game.
The Stage folder for some NSMBW games:
|Size: 1,179,852 bytes||Size: 3,425,600 bytes||Size: 1,646,944 bytes|
|147 files||213 files||135 files|
|Size Texture folder: 7,609,568 bytes||Size Texture Folder: 26,246,933 bytes||Size Texture Folder: 4,176,266 bytes|
|67 files||175 files||35 files|
Protecting the Stage folder against unwanted Changes on Windows[edit | edit source]
It is highly recommended to protect the Stage folder, subfolders, and files against unwanted changes. Custom levels should therefore be saved in a separate folder.
Steps to protect the Stage folder:[edit | edit source]
- Right-click on your Stage folder and select Properties
- Go to the Security tab
- Remove all the users that have permission
- Add a new user via the "Add User, Group, or Built-in security principal" window. Call that User Everyone
- Give this user new permissions for the folder by ticking the boxes as shown in the image below.
- Apply and the result should look like the third picture on the image.
The Stage folder, subfolders, and files are now protected and can't be overwritten by accident. Please remember to save new custom levels in a separate folder.