Puzzle Tileset Editor
|Stable Release Version:||0.8|
|Operating System:||Windows, Linux, OS X.|
|Written in:||Python, C/C++|
What is Puzzle?
Puzzle is a program for creating and editing tilesets.
Tilesets can be made from scratch by importing an image of predetermined size (384 x 384). Existing tilesets can be edited with ease.
Various behaviors can be set on tiles, as well as core types and collision data. Puzzle also allows to create objects from tiles, and further attributes can be applied to them.
Puzzle Next introduces further features such as animation editing and randomisation editing.
Puzzle Tileset Editor was updated to work with Python 3 and your choice of either Qt for Python (PySide2) or PyQt5. No other changes are included apart from bug fixes.
The Puzzle NSMBW Tileset Editor was created by Tempus.
The Python 3, Qt-for-Python/PyQt5 porting was done by RoadrunnerWMC.
The program is GNU GPL v2 licensed (see license.txt).
As of 2019, PySide2 is much less stable than PyQt5, especially with the imagery-related classes. As such, PyQt5 is recommended over PySide2 at this time.
- How Tilesets Work: Explains the basics about tilesets.
- Renaming a Tileset: Renaming a tileset with a HEX editor.
- Creating a Tileset from Scratch: Goes through the steps to create a tileset from an image.
- Tile Randomization: This tutorial explains how to add Randomization to repeating tiles.
- Tiles and Objects (Puzzle): Explains tiles and objects in detail and all Behaviors/Properties.
- Adding/Editing Tileset Animations: Here we'll show how to create or edit Animated Tiles.